Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its just hard, nuff said, I win.

No one ever said that being a mom and a wife and a woman would ever be easy.  Let alone being a step mom and full time stay at home mom on top of it all.  GOD bless me I love my life and I wouldnt change it for the world and sometimes we all need to vent but GOD help you you tell me its not a full time job in itself.  GOD bless the mother's and father's out there loving and raising someone elses children.   It is so fullfillng and yet it is the hardest thing to ever have to do. 

Those of you out there that are step parents understand where I am coming from and I hope that most of you are as lucky as I am to be friends with the childs other parents.  Its hard and not an easy thing to do.  It took some time for me to talk to my step sons mom I was so afraid we wouldn't get along or we would have problems connecting or that I would overstep my boundaries.  I had no kids when I got with my husband and I fell in love with my step son immediatley....he didn't feel the same right off but we warmed up and we were the best of friends.

I have been with my husband for over 9 years and my step son is almost 10.  To me I felt like he was mine.  Granted I didn't deliver him or wake up to him when he was a newborn but the bond was still there and we learned to love each other and we went everywhere together.  His mom was in the military and My husband and her mother did most of the raising while she was away making a better life for her and him. 

It has been 9 years now and I am lucky enough to love my family and my sons family.  They are great down to earth people and we constantly call each other and stay on the same page with my step son.  I know that when she moved back it was hard for me because I was afraid he wouldn't want to do anything with me or the family anymore but I have been blessed that we always work our schedule out around each other and we always have time for him and our family. 

Now 9 years later and 4 kids me and my husband are so in love and have the most love to give all the kids.  Its never going to be 100% easy but we are lucky enough to have understanding and GOD on our side.

Its not the easiest thing to talk about or get used to but if you ever want to talk or need help I am here and thats all anyone can ask is that someone is here for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment